Transfers of Stage 2 airplanes with base level.
(a) Stage 2 airplanes may be transferred with or without the corresponding amount of base level. Base level may not be transferred without the corresponding number of Stage 2 airplanes.
(b) No portion of a U.S. operator's base level established under § 91.861(a) may be used for operations by a foreign air carrier. No portion of a foreign air carrier's base level established under § 91.861(b) may be used for operations by a U.S. operator.
(c) Whenever a transfer of Stage 2 airplanes with base level occurs, the transferring and acquiring parties shall, within 10 days, jointly submit written notification of the transfer to the FAA, Office of Environment and Energy. Such notification shall state:
(1) The names of the transferring and acquiring parties;
(2) The name, address, and telephone number of the individual responsible for submitting the notification on behalf of the transferring and acquiring parties;
(3) The total number of Stage 2 airplanes transferred, listed by airplane type, model, series, and serial number;
(4) The corresponding amount of base level transferred and whether it is U.S. operator or foreign air carrier base level; and
(5) The effective date of the transaction.
(d) If, taken as a whole, a transaction or series of transactions made pursuant to this section does not produce an increase or decrease in the number of Stage 2 airplanes for either the acquiring or transferring operator, such transaction or series of transactions may not be used to establish compliance with the requirements of § 91.865.
[Doc. No. 26433, 56 FR 48659, Sept. 25, 1991]