Optional use of 14 CFR part 150 procedures.
(a) An airport operator may use the procedures in part 150 of this chapter, instead of the procedures described in §§ 161.203(b) and 161.209(b), as a means of providing an adequate public notice and comment opportunity on a proposed Stage 2 restriction.
(b) If the airport operator elects to use 14 CFR part 150 procedures to comply with this subpart, the operator shall:
(1) Ensure that all parties identified for direct notice under § 161.203(b) are notified that the airport's 14 CFR part 150 program will include a proposed Stage 2 restriction under part 161, and that these parties are offered the opportunity to participate as consulted parties during the development of the 14 CFR part 150 program;
(2) Provide the FAA with a full text of the proposed restriction, including any sanctions for noncompliance, at the time of the notice;
(3) Include the information in § 161.203 (c)(2) through (c)(5) and 161.205 in the analysis of the proposed restriction for the part 14 CFR part 150 program;
(4) Wait 180 days following the availability of the above analysis for review by the consulted parties and compliance with the above notice requirements before implementing the Stage 2 restriction; and
(5) Include in its 14 CFR part 150 submission to the FAA evidence of compliance with paragraphs (b)(1) and (b)(4) of this section, and the analysis in paragraph (b)(3) of this section, together with a clear identification that the 14 CFR part 150 program includes a proposed Stage 2 restriction under part 161.
(c) The FAA determination on the 14 CFR part 150 submission does not constitute approval or disapproval of the proposed Stage 2 restriction under part 161.
(d) An amendment of a restriction may also be processed under 14 CFR part 150 procedures in accordance with this section.