Hearings in license, permit, and payload actions.
(a) Pursuant to 51 U.S.C. 50912, the following are entitled to a determination on the record after an opportunity for a hearing in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 554.
(1) An applicant for a license and a proposed transferee of a license regarding any decision to issue or transfer a license with conditions or to deny the issuance or transfer of such license;
(2) An owner or operator of a payload regarding any decision to prevent the launch or reentry of the payload;
(3) A licensee regarding any decision to suspend, modify, or revoke a license or to terminate, prohibit, or suspend any licensed activity;
(4) An applicant for a permit regarding an FAA decision to issue a permit with conditions or to deny the issuance of the permit; and
(5) A permittee regarding any decision to suspend, modify, or revoke a permit or to terminate, prohibit, or suspend any permitted activity.
(b) An administrative law judge will be designated to preside over any hearing held under this part.
[Doc. No. FAA-2001-8607, 66 FR 2180, Jan. 10, 2001, as amended by Amdt. 406-4, 72 FR 17017, Apr. 6, 2007; Amdt. 406-7, 77 FR 20532, Apr. 5, 2012]