Fraud and falsification.
(a) No person may make, or cause to be made, any of the following:
(1) A fraudulent or intentionally false statement in any application or any amendment thereto, or in any other record or test result required by this part.
(2) A fraudulent or intentionally false statement in, or a known omission from, any record or report that is kept, made, or used to show compliance with this part, or to exercise any privileges under this chapter.
(b) The commission by any person of any act prohibited under paragraph (a) of this section is a basis for any one or any combination of the following:
(1) A civil penalty.
(2) Suspension or revocation of any certificate held by that person that was issued under this chapter.
(3) The denial of an application for any approval under this part.
(4) The removal of any approval under this part.
[Doc. No. FAA-2008-0677, 78 FR 67836, Nov. 12, 2013]