Requests for IFR procedure.
(a) Each person who requests an IFR procedure based on an MLS facility which that person owns must submit the following information with that request:
(1) A description of the facility and evidence that the equipment meets the performance requirements of §§ 171.309, 171.311, 171.313, 171.315, 171.317, 171.319, and 171.321 and is fabricated and installed in accordance with § 171.323.
(2) A proposed procedure for operating the facility.
(3) A proposed maintenance organization and a maintenance manual that meets the requirements of § 171.325.
(4) A statement of intent to meet the requirements of this subpart.
(5) A showing that the facility has an acceptable level of operational reliability and an acceptable standard of performance. Previous equivalent operational experience with a facility with identical design and operational characteristics will be considered in showing compliance with this subparagraph.
(b) FAA inspects and evaluates the MLS facility; it advises the owner of the results, and of any required changes in the MLS facility or in the maintenance manual or maintenance organization. The owner must then correct the deficiencies, if any, and operate the MLS facility for an in-service evaluation by the FAA.