Exemption from the Statute.
(a) Foreign indirect air carriers with an effective registration under this part are exempted from the following provisions of the Statute only if and so long as they comply with the provisions of this part and the conditions imposed herein, and to the extent necessary to permit them to arrange their air freight shipments:
(1) Section 41302 (Permits);
(2) Sections 41504 and 41510(a) (Tariffs);
(3) Section 41510(b) (Solicitation of rebates) to the extent necessary to permit them to solicit, accept, or receive fees from direct air carriers;
(4) Section 41501 (Carrier's duty to establish just and reasonable rates, etc.); and
(5) If awarded interstate air transportation operating rights, any other provision of the Statute that would otherwise prohibit them from engaging in the interstate indirect air transportation of property.
(6) Section 41310 (nondiscrimination) with respect to interstate and overseas air transportation.
(b) Direct air carriers are exempted from Chapter 415 of the Statute to the extent necessary to permit them to pay, directly or indirectly, fees to foreign air freight forwarders and foreign cooperative shippers associations on consolidated shipments.
[ER-1336, 48 FR 22705, May 20, 1983, as amended by ER-1382, 49 FR 25226, June 20, 1984; Doc. No. 47939, 57 FR 40103, Sept. 2, 1992; 60 FR 43527, Aug. 22, 1995]