(a) The following information must be established:
(1) Each operating limitation, including the maximum weight determined under § 31.14.
(2) The normal and emergency procedures.
(3) Other information necessary for safe operation, including—
(i) The empty weight determined under § 31.16;
(ii) The rate of climb determined under § 31.17, and the procedures and conditions used to determine performance;
(iii) The maximum vertical velocity, the altitude drop required to attain that velocity, and altitude drop required to recover from a descent at that velocity, determined under § 31.19, and the procedures and conditions used to determine performance; and
(iv) Pertinent information peculiar to the balloon's operating characteristics.
(b) The information established in compliance with paragraph (a) of this section must be furnished by means of—
(1) A Balloon Flight Manual; or
(2) A placard on the balloon that is clearly visible to the pilot.
[Amdt. 31-4, 45 FR 60180, Sept. 11, 1980]