(a) General—(1) Launch site operator. An applicant shall identify the name and address of the applicant, and the name, address, and telephone number of any person to whom inquiries and correspondence should be directed.
(2) Launch site. An applicant shall provide the name and location of the proposed launch site and include the following information:
(i) A list of downrange equipment;
(ii) A description of the layout of the launch site, including launch points;
(iii) The types of launch vehicles to be supported at each launch point;
(iv) The range of launch azimuths planned from each launch point; and
(v) The scheduled operational date.
(3) Foreign ownership. Identify foreign ownership of the applicant, as follows:
(i) For a sole proprietorship or partnership, all foreign owners or partners;
(ii) For a corporation, any foreign ownership interest of 10 percent or more; and
(iii) For a joint venture, association, or other entity, any foreign entities participating in the entity.
(b) Environmental. An applicant shall provide the FAA with information for the FAA to analyze the environmental impacts associated with the operation of the proposed launch site. The information provided by an applicant must be sufficient to enable the FAA to comply with the requirements of the National Environment Policy Act, 42 U.S.C. 4321 et seq. (NEPA), the Council on Environmental Quality Regulations for Implementing the Procedural Provisions of NEPA, 40 CFR parts 1500-1508, and the FAA's Procedures for Considering Environmental Impacts, FAA Order 1050.1D. An applicant shall submit environmental information concerning a proposed launch site not covered by existing environmental documentation, and other factors as determined by the FAA.
(c) Launch site location.
(1) Except as provided by paragraph (c)(2) of this section, an applicant shall provide the information necessary to demonstrate compliance with §§ 420.19-420.29.
(2) An applicant who is proposing to locate a launch site at an existing launch point at a federal launch range is not required to comply with paragraph (c)(1) of this section if a launch vehicle of the same type and class as proposed for the launch point has been safely launched from the launch point.
(d) Explosive site plan.
(1) Except as provided by paragraph (d)(2) of this section, an applicant shall submit an explosive site plan that complies with §§ 420.63, 420.65, 420.67, and 420.69.
(2) If an applicant plans to operate a launch site located on a federal launch range, and if the applicant is required by the federal launch range to comply with the federal launch range's explosive safety requirements, the applicant shall submit the explosive site plan submitted to the federal launch range.