Notice of incorporated terms.
Except as provided in § 253.8, each air carrier shall include on or with a ticket, or other written instrument given to a passenger, that embodies the contract of carriage and incorporates terms by reference in that contract, a conspicuous notice that:
(a) Any terms incorporated by reference are part of the contract, passengers may inspect the full text of each term incorporated by reference at the carrier's airport or city ticket offices, and passengers have the right, upon request at any location where the carrier's tickets are sold within the United States, to receive free of charge by mail or other delivery service the full text of each such incorporated term;
(b) The incorporated terms may include and passengers may obtain from any location where the carrier's tickets are sold within the United States further information concerning:
(1) Limits on the air carrier's liability for personal injury or death of passengers, and for loss, damage, or delay of goods and baggage, including fragile or perishable goods;
(2) Claim restrictions, including time periods within which passengers must file a claim or bring an action against the carrier for its acts or omissions or those of its agents;
(3) Rights of the carrier to change terms of the contract. (Rights to change the price, however, are governed by § 253.7);
(4) Rules about reconfirmation of reservations, check-in times, and refusal to carry;
(5) Rights of the carrier and limitations concerning delay or failure to perform service, including schedule changes, substitution of alternate air carrier or aircraft, and rerouting.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 3024-0061)
[ER-1302, 47 FR 52134, Nov. 19, 1982, as amended by ER-1309, 47 FR 54764, Dec. 6, 1982; ER-1370, 48 FR 54591, Dec. 6, 1983; ER-1375, 49 FR 5064, Feb. 10, 1984]