Application requirements: Airport development.
(a) An eligible sponsor that desires to obtain Federal aid for eligible airport development must apply to the FAA in accordance with this section. The sponsor must apply on a form and in a manner prescribed by the Administrator, through the FAA Airports District Office or Airports Field Office having jurisdiction over the area where the sponsor is located or, where there is no such office, the Regional Office having that jurisdiction.
(b) Preapplication for Federal assistance. A preapplication for Federal assistance must be submitted unless—
(1) The Federal fund request is for $100,000 or less; or,
(2) The project does not include construction, land acquisition, or land improvement.
(c) Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, the preapplication required by paragraph (b) of this section must be accompanied by the following:
(1) A list of the items of airport development requested for programming, together with an itemized estimated cost of the work involved.
(2) A sketch or sketches of the airport layout indicating the location for each item of work proposed, using the same item numbers used in the list required by paragraph (c)(1) of this section.
(3) If the proposed project involves the displacement of persons or the acquisition of real property, the assurances required by §§ 25.57 and 25.59, as applicable, of the Regulations of the Office of the Secretary of Transportation (49 CFR 25.57 and 25.59), whether or not reimbursement is being requested for the costs of displacement or real property acquisition.
(4) Any comments or statements required by appendix E, Procedures Implementing Office of Management and Budget Circular A-95, to this part, with a showing that they have been considered by the sponsor.
(5) If the proposed development involves the construction of eligible airport buildings or the acquisition of eligible fixed equipment to be contained in those buildings, a statement whether the proposed development will be in an area of the community that has been identified by the Department of Housing and Urban Development as an area of special flood hazard as defined in the Flood Disaster Protection Act of 1973 (42 U.S.C. 4002 et seq.).
(6) If the proposed development is in an area of special flood hazard, a statement whether the community is participating in the National Flood Insurance Program (42 U.S.C. 4011 et seq.).
(7) The sponsor's environmental assessment prepared in conformance with appendix 6 of FAA Order 1050.1C, “Policies and Procedures for Considering Environmental Impacts” (45 FR 2244; Jan. 10, 1980), and FAA Order 5050.4, “Airport Environmental Handbook” (45 FR 56624; Aug. 24, 1980), if an assessment is required by Order 5050.4. Copies of these orders may be examined in the Rules Docket, Office of the Chief Counsel, FAA, Washington, D.C., and may be obtained on request at any FAA regional office headquarters or any airports district office.
(8) A showing that the sponsor has complied with the public hearing requirements in § 152.117.
(9) In the case of a proposed new airport serving any area that does not include a metropolitan area, a showing that each community in which the proposed airport is to be located has approved the proposed airport site through the body having general legislative jurisdiction over it.
(10) In the case of a proposed project at an air carrier airport, a statement that the sponsor, in making the decision to undertake the project, has consulted with air carriers using the airport.
(11) In the case of a proposed project at a general aviation airport, a statement that the sponsor, in making the decision to undertake the project, has consulted with fixed-base operators using the airport.
(12) In the case of terminal development, a certification that the airport has, or will have, all safety and security equipment required for certification of the airport under part 139 and has provided, or will provide, for access to the passenger enplaning and deplaning area to passengers enplaning or deplaning from aircraft other than air carrier aircraft.
(d) Allocation of funds. If the proposed project for airport development is selected by the Administrator for inclusion in a program, a tentative allocation of funds is made for the project and the sponsor is notified of the allocation. The tentative allocation may be withdrawn if the sponsor does not submit a project application in accordance with paragraph (f) of this section.
(e) Application for Federal assistance. As soon as practicable after receiving notice of a tentative allocation or, if a preapplication is not required (as provided in paragraph (b) of this section), an application for Federal assistance must be submitted.
(f) Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, the application required by paragraph (e) of this section must be accompanied by the following:
(1) When a preapplication has not been previously submitted, the information required by paragraph (c) of this section.
(2) A property map of the airport showing—
(i) The property interests of each sponsor in all the lands to be developed or used as part of, or in connection with, the airport as it will be when the project is completed; and
(ii) All property interests acquired or to be acquired, for which U.S. aid is requested under the project.
(3) With respect to all lands to be developed or used as a part of, or in connection with, the airport (as it will be when the project is completed) in which a satisfactory property interest is not held by a sponsor, a covenant by the sponsor that it will obtain a satisfactory property interest before construction is begun or within a reasonable time if not needed for construction.
(4) If the proposed project involves the displacement of persons, the relocation plan required by § 25.55 of the Regulations of the Office of the Secretary of Transportation.
(5) When the project involves an airport location, a runway location, or a major runway extension, a written certification from the Governor of the state in which the project may be located (or a delegatee), providing reasonable assurance that the project will be located, designed, constructed, and operated so as to comply with applicable air and water quality standards.
(6) A statement whether any building, installation, structure, location, or site of operations to be utilized in the performance of the grant or any contract made pursuant to the grant appears on the list of violating facilities distributed by the Environmental Protection Agency under the provisions of the Clean Air Act and Federal Water Pollution Control Act (40 CFR part 15).
(7) The assurances on Civil Rights required by § 21.7 of the Regulations of the Office of the Secretary of Transportation (49 CFR 21.7) and § 152.405.
(8) Plans and specifications for the proposed development in accordance with the design and construction standards listed in appendix B to this part.
(9) The applicable assurances required by appendix D to this part.
(10) If cosponsors are not willing to assume, jointly and severally, the obligations imposed on them by this part and the grant agreement, a statement satisfactory to the Administrator indicating—
(i) The responsibilities of each sponsor with respect to the accomplishment of the proposed project and the operation and maintenance of the airport;
(ii) The obligations each will assume to the United States; and
(iii) The name of the sponsor or sponsors who will accept, receipt for, and disburse grant payments.
(g) Additional documentation. The Administrator may request additional documentation as needed to support specific items of development or to comply with other Federal and local requirements as they pertain to the requested development.
(Secs. 303, 307, 308, 312, and 313, Federal Aviation Act of 1958 (49 U.S.C. 1344, 1348, 1349, 1353, and 1354); sec. 6(c), Dept. of Transportation Act (49 U.S.C. 1655(c)); Airport and Airway Development Act of 1970, as amended (49 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.); sec. 1.47(f)(1), Regulations of the Office of the Secretary of Transportation (49 CFR 1.47(1)); OMB Circular A-95, Revised (41 FR 2052; Jan. 13, 1976))
[Doc. No. 19430, 45 FR 34784, May 22, 1980, as amended by Amdt. 152-11, 45 FR 56622, Aug. 25, 1980; 45 FR 58107, Sept. 2, 1980; Amdt. 152-13, 46 FR 30809, June 11, 1981]